Video intros are a great way to help you conduct fewer but better interviews by sending a follow-up test to the initial skills test to your top candidates. It's not meant to replace the actual interview but to get a better insight into the person behind the test. You will be able to put a face to the name and dive deeper into the candidate’s communication style.
To set up video intros:
Click on the job that you would like to create a Video Intro test for → This will open your hiring pipeline → Under the Video Intro step, click on "Create Test"
If you don't already have a Video Intro step in your pipeline, click on "Add Step" at the far right of your pipeline and name your Video Intro test. On the newly created step, click on "Create Test"
Then choose the Video Intro test type and select a skill from our test library or create your own custom test.
Video Intro settings
1. Test settings - here you can provide a title for the Video Intro test.
2. Test questions - you can add a maximum of 3 video intro questions. If the test was generated from a template, the questions will be related to the skills for that template. You are able to edit or delete the questions. If you delete a question, you can add another question from our library by selecting a skill or creating a custom question if you don’t see the skill or would simply like to ask your own question.
3. Intro – make the test personal by recording a short intro video about the position and company that candidates will see before starting the test. To record an introductory video simply click on ‘Record Video’ > Allow access to your mic and camera > click record > when finished, click on stop recording > replay the video and either retake or save.
4. Landing page – the candidate will be presented with this page when they click on your link. Review and edit as necessary.
5. End screen – all candidates will see this page upon completion of the test. Review and edit as necessary.
Now it's time to invite candidates to complete their video intro and review their responses as they roll in.
If you have any further questions feel free to reach out to our support via chat or email.